Dr. Rebecca Brown received her Medical degree from SUNY Downstate Campus in Brooklyn, and completed her residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York.
Dr. Brown works in our practice at the Riverdale, Fort lee, and west New York offices while also providing rehabilitation care in the Jewish Home Lifecare's Manhattan Campus. Dr. Brown has an interest in the full scope of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation services including outpatient musculoskeletal care, electrodiagnosis, prolotherapy and inpatient rehabilitation.
- Mount Sinai School of Medicine - Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Residency
- St. Vincent's Hospital and Medical Center, Staten Island - Medical Internship
- State University of New York, Downstate Campus, Brooklyn - Doctorate of Medicine
- Hunter College - Post-baccheloreate Program, Pre-med
- University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras - Exchange Program
- Hunter College - Bachelor of Arts, Pscyhology, Summa Cum Laude
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Board Certified (7/1/10 - 12/31/20)
- American Acadmey of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Medical Association
- Golden Key National Honor Society
Courses and Symposiums
- November 2006 : American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Annual Conference
- November 2006 : Cervicothoracic and Lumbar Pain Syndromes
- May 2007 : Lower Extremity Prosthetics and Orthotics Course, NYU Medical Center
- May 2007 : Upper Extremity Prosthetics and Orthotics Course, NYU Medical Center
- April 2007, 2010 : Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Board Review Course, Kessler 19th Annual PM&R Board Review Course
- August 2007 : Chapter 4: Low Back Pain, Brown R, Klein A, Visco A, Herrera J. "Therapeutic uses of Botox"; ed. Cooper G
- Brown R and Kahn S. Discitis post Discography: A Retrospective Review. COSA#252-06.
- 11/2006 : New York City Marathon Medical Volunteer
- 1993-1994 : Sloan Kettering Memorial Cancer Center, New York City - Research assistant in Social Work department
- 1992-1993 : El Refugio Women's Shelter, Catano, Puerto Rico - Volunteered in a shelter for women infected with the HIV virus
- 1991-19923 : Regent Hospital, New York City - Peer counselor on a psychiatric unit for adolescents with depression and compulsive disorders