Dr. Kara Suche earned her Medical Degree at Drexel University College of Medicine. She subsequently completed her Internship at Hahnemann University Hospital and PMR Residency at Temple University and Moss Rehab Hospital in Philadelphia.
Dr. Suche’s clinical interests are based in ultrasound guided joint and soft tissue injections. A member of NYSPMR and AAPMR, Dr. Suche is active in the Medical Alumni Council at her alma-mater University of Scranton, through which she mentors pre-med students. Dr. Suche has recently been selected as one of New Jersey’s Best Doctors of 2009.
Her active interests include kickboxing, spinning, and running. Currently she lives in NYC with her husband, a Cardiac Electrophysiologist at NYU, and her son.
- 2007-2008 : Preceptership Training in interventional spinal procedures with fluoroscopic guidance including Interlaminar, transforminal and caudal epidurals, sacroiliac joint infections, and interarticular facet joint injections.
- 2004-2007 : Temple University Hospital / Moss Rehabilitation Hospital Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Residency
- 2003-2004 : Drexel University College of Medicine Preliminary Medicine Internship - Post Graduate Year 1
- 1999-2003 : Drexel University College of Medicine (formerly MCP Hahnemann School of Medicine) M.D.
- 1995-1999 : University of Scranton B.S., Biology with minor in Philosophy (summa cum laude)
- 2008 : ABPMR - Board Certified
- 2005-2008 : State of Pennsyvalnia (inactive)
- 2007-Present : State of New Jersey (unrestricted)
- 2008 : State of New York
Appointed / Nominated Positions
- 2013-Present : Assistant Clinical Professor, Rehabilitation Medicine - Columbia University
- 2006-Present : Executive board member of the Medical Alumni Council - The University of Scranton
- 2008-Present : New York Society of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Continuing Medical Education
- 2013 : Diagnostic & Interventional Musculoskelatal Ultrasound of the Upper Extremity, AAPMR - Advanced level scanning on live subjects and interventional procedures on Upper extremity cadaveric specimins.
- 2010 : Diagnostic & Interventional Musculoskeletal Ultrasound of the Lower Extremity, AAPMR - Advanced level scanning on live subjects and interventional procedures on Lower extremity cadaveric specimins.
- 2008 : Musculoskeletal Ultrasound, Thomas Jefferson University - Introduction to musculoskeletal ultrasound technology, anatomy and pathology with Dr. Levon Nazarian
- 2007 : PASSOR SP 101, Spinal Procedures Workshop - Training with experts in interlaminar and caudal epidurals, and SI joint injections using cadavers.
- 2006-2007 : Electromyography Course - Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia PA
- 2005, 2006, 2009 : AAPMR National Meeting
Posters, Publications, and Abstracts
- November 2006 : Anton's Syndrome in a Traumatic Brain Injury Patient: A case Report. Kara J. Suche, M.D. and Sooja Cho, M.D. Moss Rehabilitation Hospital, Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA.
- 2004-207 : Contributing Author to Rehab in Review
Honors and Awards
- 1993-2003 : Medical Schools Honor Grade - Biochemistry, Immunology, Clinical Skills, Bioethics, Ob-gyn clerkship, PM&R Clerkship
- 1995-1999 : Loyola Scholarship, partial tuition academic and merit scholarship